Thursday, December 2, 2010

PIZZA TOAST

Pizza toast. Its obvious. It's simple. It's always a lush snack! Pizza toast reminds me of student life. It is a cheap, quick and easy bite! I believe my mate Charlotte even came up with a song for pizza toast to the tune of "Footloose!" I tend to sing it every time I make this dish!

Ingredients:
Bread
Tomato sauce
Oregano/basil
Grated cheese
Pizza toppings - olives, peppers, mushroom, pepperoni, etc...

Grab a few slices need is bread. Pop it in the toaster. When it is toasted spread marinara sauce or pesto or even some tomato puree if you haven't got anything else. Sprinkle some dried oregano or fresh basil if you have it. Next pile on your favourite toppings - anything you like! I happened to have bolognese sauce left over so I just added some olives and red chili flakes. Then a generous helping of grated cheese. I had mozzarella so it was perfecto! All you have to do then is put it in the under the grill/broiler and wait for it to heat up and the cheese sizzles! Should take about 7 minutes.


Pizza toast is the best! Especially for us gluten-free people who don't get enough chances to eat pizza! I just use gluten-free bread and its easy peasy!

0 comments:

Newer Posts Older Posts

Back to Home